Vitebsky railway station is the oldest railway station in Russia. And it’s also the most beautiful. Here from the very entrance to the platforms you find interiors of the beginning of the XX century.
During our excursion you will see waiting rooms for I/II and III class passengers, chic restaurant and elevators. But only with our guide you can come into hidden places of Vitebsky railway station: it is the exclusive waiting room for the highest ranks (so-called "grand-ducal rooms") and the attic.
Tour through the Art Nouveau style of Vitebsky railway station is always the mass of impressions and memories.
With our guide you will get familiar with:
• the rooms of the station closed for common passengers: the hall of First class restaurant, the grand-ducal rooms , the attic over waiting room of a 3d class passengersis .
• secret details: benches of the end of the 19th century, historical trigger mechanisms, pre-revolutionary stained-glass windows and set of other details.
• the whole the passenger’s way of the beginning of the 20th century.
• the beginning of railway construction in Russian Empire
• technical details that hide behind a bright Art Nouveau facade.
Duration of the tour: 2 hours . We start in the center of the 1st floor. You will recognize our guide by the panel with the inscription "St. Petersburg Engineer's Eyes". We finish on the platforms.
In some parts of Vitebsky railway station is quite cold (especially during the winter period), please put on warm clothes (it is possible to take a cup of coffee/hot drink with you).
Call or email us, we will tell you all the information about the cost and time of the tour.
+7 812 748 26 50